16 years ago
Friday, May 23, 2008
Something funny, and yes I'm a geek
I've been taking Megan to school and/or picking her up from school for the last month or so, about three times a week on my bike. The round trip equals about 6 miles total. I was using an old green bike when I started, now I have my pretty new bike to ride and I want to go everyday. So, you'd think I would have lost a few inches from my stomach right? I know, I know. I'm not a big girl, but I do have stretched out skin from having three kids. Have you seen the movie Click? Remember the flap? K-I've got a much smaller version of the flap goin on. It may be vane, but it bugs me ok. So I figured, if I can lose that tiny bit of fat under the flap, maybe the flap will just go away. In addition to riding my bike, I've also been lifting weights again since January sometime. I measured around my hips and flap in Jan, and got 35 inches. Six MONTHS of hard work have passed and, though I still have the flap, I do look different and was hoping that my measurement would be different too. Maybe the flap has gotten smaller-eh? It seemed smaller, but lets see what the measurement says. So a couple of days ago I measured around my hips again, same place, and got the EXACT SAME MEASUREMENT! I'm sitting there thinking; Whats up with that?! Then it dawns on me as I'm looking at myself in the mirror. My bum... My bum has gotten bigger! In fact, I actually have a bum now- it's pretty cool. I'd gotten so used to not having one, it was really quite a surprise. My flap went down, and my bum went up, and out by the look of it! Yeah! When I realized that, I felt much better. It just goes to show, ya can't always rely on a measurement to judge progress any more than ya can rely on a scale. Crazy huh? Later.














