Laughing Megan

Webfetti.com

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Daddy's birthday

I wish I knew how to get the pictures from the camera onto the computer. We got some cute ones on Chris's birthday. We went backpacking up Millcreek Canyone. We started around 4 or 5 pm Saturday the 12th. We pitched a tent around 8:30pm or so. The next day we started hiking again around 10am. We almost made it to the sumit, but it was just getting way to dangerous with 3 little kids. Truthfully, I think we may have pushed onward just a bit too far reguardless. Chris and I could have made it if we'd been by ourselves, but we would have missed the kids. We went far enough up that getting down was something of a challeng for the first while. It's one thing to climb up a steep path of loose boulders, and quite a different thing going down that same steep path. We decide that a very steep pathway covered in snow that was slick from melting would be a bit safer than the rocks were. We all slid down one part of it on our butts, but the second part was too dangerous so we had to step very carefully. We should have stopped sooner. Oh well, it was a lot of fun. The girls loved it. They didn't complain at all until we were almost back to the car. It was kind of funny. They started asking if we were almost there, almost there, almost there. We tried to be encouraging, but they were both so tired at that point. Ashley says to us: "I am NOT going this way on my birthday!" We didn't realize how late it was getting, it's just so peaceful up there in the mountains. Next time one of us will have to bring a watch. Overall, the girls loved it; it was just a tad too long. Christopher had a great time because we both carried him most of the way. Well, on Sunday Daddy carried him more that I did, which was ok with me. Well, that's about it. I'm not as funny as Kimbery, Robyn and Michael are. I laughed and laughed the other day reading their blogs. It was fun. I would try to make things a little less dry, but I never know when my computer is going to kick me off so I try to hurry and get everthing down. Ah well, it's all good. I'm happy. Later everyone.