Oh my baby is in first grade, just lovin all of life.
My baby is in first grade she'll be gone all day, that's right.
I know she's been ready for this day,
been comin a long, long time.
But I'm the one that's cryin
cuz that little girl is mine.
Oh they got my baby,
keepin her all day.
Yeah, they got my baby
and I feel in the way.
She's growin up.
She's gettin tall.
Yeah, I know she still needs me.
But the fact remains, I can't come inside
and there's so much that I can not see.
Ohhhh, they got my baby.
Yeah, they got my baby.
Gimme back my baby.
She's my little baby.
They aint the ones that held her,
stayed up late so many nights
That kissed her tears,
chased her fears.
Dang it all, this just don't feel right.
Ohhhh, they got my baby.
Yeah, they got my baby.
Gimme back my baby.
She's my little baby.
I wasn't prepared for the way I felt today. Been choking back tears all morning. I guess I thought if I didn't think about it, it wouldn't happen. Crap. That technique never seems to work. What's up with that? Megan was so excited this morning, so was I. I made pancakes, packed her lunch, fixed her hair, and got the Cookie out of bed and dressed. Then I grabbed another pancake and put it on a plate for Christopher to eat in the car (Ashley ate with Megan.) There was just so much emotion running thru me. I put the plate on top of the car and got everybody buckled, and then we left... never to see the plate and pancake again. Oops. We weren't really in a hurry either. We got to school about 20 min early, and that's after we went to the grocery store to pick stuff for Megan's lunch... ... ... ... Yeah, I know.
So, now she's there, and I'm here... writing on my blog... and she's there... and I'm here.
This is hard.
I took pictures. Chris will put them on the computer, eventually. Then I'll post them.
16 years ago














