Megan tells me that she gets her sense of humor from me. I don't think so. She is sooooo much funnier that I ever was. Example
When I was pregnant with Christopher, I took the girls with me to doctor appointments. Well, all my appointments were prettty boring. Same old stuff every time. Then, one day the nurse was weighing me and I had gained a whopping 13 lbs in just one month!!! "Well, I'm supposed be gaining weight, right?" I said nervously.
"Yeah, but not THAT much!" says the nurse.
So we're both going over the possibilities, and we are obviously both worried. Then all of a sudden Megan bursts out laughing uncontrollably. Mind you, she was only 4 or 5 years old at the time.
"Did you do something Megan?"
She is still giggling but finally confesses that she'd put her foot on the scale while I was being weighed. The nurse and I were so releived.
You've all heard Megan laughing over and over again to "a horse walks into a bar." Oh my little girl! :)
Megan is so sweet and thougtfull. She is smart and caring of her brother and sister too. My little Megan taught Ashley how to tie her shoes! Chris and I didn't even know that she'd done this until we were leaving the house one day. Ashley was lagging behind and Chris says "What are you doing?!"
She says "I'm just tieing my shoes."
We both went "You're doing what now?!" We went to look for ourselves, and sure enough she'd already tied one and was well on her way to tieing the other. We couldn't believe it.
Me to Chris :"Did you teach her that?"
He says "No, I thought you did."
Me "No"
Ashley "Megan showed me how a long time ago."
"Oh, well ok then."
I did work with Ashley some, but I'm not the best teacher and I'm always afraid that I'm going to cause my babies to hate learning. So I didn't do as much with Ashley as I did with Megan.
Megan is the reason Ashley has been sounding out words to write in little messages for over a year now. Megan is the reason she reads and writes so well and counts so well too. Megan is the reason Ashley knows how to add and subtract almost as fast and well as she does. My little Megan did that without so much as a thought. She is a much better teacher than I am. Ashley loves to "play" school with her.
That is my tribute to my beautiful little everything on her special day.
I love you so much my little Megan!














