
This thing is called a keyport. It is available on keyport.com..... or it will be as soon as they're done upgrading the site. You can put up to 6 keys in it. It works like those multi-ink pens. How cool is this thing?! Neat-o!
It's kind of expensive though. It started out at $300- no lie. I heard they made a $50 version in 2008. Who knows, maybe they have a "in this life-time"-priced one available now. Maybe that's why they had to revamp their site???
So my friend says, "but I have 15 keys." So, get three of these things once they cost what they're really worth. How much are those push pens with the 4 different colors now-a-days? Should these dealies really cost more than one of those? What, do they make em out of platinum or some new fangaled space metal thats indestructable? Looks like plastic and regular metal to me, but I suppose I'm using an untrained, non-millionaire eye.
I feel like Dwight right now. I wanna take this baby for a real test run. "Oh no! Don't get caught in the barbed wire keyport..." Ok, maybe barbed wire wont have any effect on something so small. But still, for that price it really should be indestructable.
It's the posh millionair's keychain. "Ooooo, look at me. I'm so rich I've got a $300 dollar keychain....er, um I mean keyPORT cuz keychains are for poor people." :)
I just watched a show about a babysitter who gets a visit from a cereal killer. In one scene her friend is trying to get into her car really fast but, oops, doesn't have the car keys ready. Then she dropped them under the car and out of reach somehow. Nice. I wonder how that scene would have gone if she'd been carrying a keyport instead of her bulky keychain.
I don't see any lables on that keyport thingy. How are you supposed to remember where you put which key in a stressful situation like the one above? Even if you make tiny lables for the thing, are you gonna stop to read the fine print so you can open your car door before the bad guy gets you??? Hmmm, that's something to think about.
I've always heard that you should have your key already out and ready to go before you ever even start to walk to your car in any situation. That way you can be alert and ready to pop right into your car for a quick getaway if need be. If you have a keyport without lables, or really bad eyesight you might accidentally ready the wrong key. Add that little shocker to a stressful run for your life and that's it for you. You don't even need to drop your keys straite down and yet unrealistically far beneath your vehicle somehow, you're done.
Still, it is cool. Very novelty feeling. It just needs that novelty price to go with it and I am so there. Seriously, I'll put fake keys in it, I don't care.
One guy even suggested they add a knife feature "stabby stabby." I'll put real keys in it if they do that. Then all I have to remember is which one is the knife!
"You wanna cereal kill me fool?! Well, I think my 2 inch knife says otherwise, Hi-ya! Yeah, that's right, run away... just run away."
"You don't mess with the reaper!" -Scorched
So now you know what I do when I'm up late waiting for laundry that I should've done some other time, but forgot. I had to wash my bed linens because we've all been sick except Chris and I want to keep it that way. He works with a lot of very sweet, very susceptable old people.
Anywho, my dryer just buzzed so I'm gonna go make my bed and go to sleep already. Good night.














